yet another blow for purity

Cripes! (COND (<nill-returner> ...) ) => *NO-MORE-COND-CLAUSES*

I know that you should always have an ELSE clause, you know that
I should always have an ELSE clause, but tell that to years of
old code by me and many others, not to mention macro-expansions.

I'm sorry, but it's hot and muggy and I'm trying to get something
real up and running on the Apollo to see if anything real will
really fly, and I have better things to do with my time than fight
a Lisp based on the "thou shalt not" principle.

Sorry for the tone, but my back is getting very loaded down with
straws.
-------