Re: T compatibility with UCI LISP

        My candidates for UCI LISP functions that are useful enough to put
        into T, with suitable modifications (e.g., stream parameters):
        NEWSYM & friends, READLIST, PRINA & friends, ERRSET, FSCNT & friends,
        GETDEF, UNION & friends, TCONC & LCONC, LINEREAD, NODUPLES, SORT,
        REPEAT, LSUBST, SUBLIS, TIMER.

I've implemented some packages that I've been meaning to announce,
but I haven't quite gotten around to it (until now).

    SORT
        A sort package for vectors and lists.

    DATE
        a large set of machine independent routines for manipulating
        dates, times, and intervals.  Even a date parser!  I have not
        yet debugged this, but I wouldn't want anyone else to waste
        their time implementing this sort of thing.

    BYTERECORDS
        a record package for defining "record structure overlays" on
        top of byte vectors

    TERMCAPS
        a flexible terminal independent output package.  This is
        intended for U, but I could make it more general.

    STRINGS
        a large set of string manipulation routines that are "missing"
        from T.

    APROPOS
        a teeny grep-through-the-oblist function.  e.g. (apropos
        "fixnum") is supposed to print all of the known symbols that
        contain the substring "fixnum".

    REGULAR EXPRESSION COMPILER
        Compiles a regular expression notation into T code that will scan
        for that expression in a stream.  This isn't done yet, I just
        want to say that I'm doing it.

    TABLE
        An undebugged implementation of associativee tables.

    NEXT-SUBSET
        A function that returns a closure that returns all of the
        subsets of the integers from 1..n-1 in some particular order.

    LCS
        Computes the longest common subsequence of a "set of strings"
        (or a list of lists of symbols, etc.)

    FREELISTS
        A small set of routines/operations for doing explicit storage
        management.  Great for performance tuning/introducing bugs.

These files are in [ED]<C.S.NIX.T> and [ED]<C.S.NIX.EDITOR>.
Comments and suggestions are hereby solicited.
-------