[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: On sequences
- To: Rees at YALE
- Subject: Re: On sequences
- From: John R. Ellis <Ellis at YALE>
- Date: Sun ,22 Nov 82 02:33:00 EDT
- Cc: Meehan at YALE, T-Discussion at YALE
- In-reply-to: Jonathan Rees <Rees at YALE-RES>, Monday, 22 November 1982 01:25-EST
I'm not saying generic sequence operations are a bad idea; there are
many reasons for having them. But it's extremely difficult to get
right, as the Common Lisp design group will attest.
I think it is only hard to get them "right" when you are constrained by
efficiency requirements. Smalltalk has a very nice "generic" data
structures, including sequences.