Re: read-tables

I hope you get some clarity about this business of who knows what readtable to
use.  It is a bad mess in Interlisp.  There are several system facilities that hold
their own readtables (there are different default readtables for the editor, the
read-eval-print loop, and the source code loader / compiler), and no way to get
readtable settings saved with files.  While linking to streams is certainly the
right thing to do as far as USING the readtable goes, I don't really know how to
manage the CONTENTS of the various readtables in the system.  It seems to me
that you can take the view that they are "global state", or you can take the view
that they are associated with the files they are used to interpret / create.  The
latter seems to me much more likely to work out well.