[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
new version of GNU Emacs/Lisp interface available
- To: franz!ucbarpa!lisp-emacs-forum
- Subject: new version of GNU Emacs/Lisp interface available
- From: franz!snooze!layer@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Kevin Layer)
- Date: Sat, 18 Feb 89 02:37:42 EST
- Cc: franz!ucbvax!comp-lang-lisp, franz!ucbvax!comp-lang-franz, franz!prep.ai.mit.edu!info-gnu-emacs, franz!ucbarpa!excl-forum
Version 1.3 of the Franz Inc. GNU Emacs/Lisp interface is now ready
for digestion. The major new features are:
* Completion of Lisp symbols (M-TAB)! It does *dynamic* lookup in
the lisp so user defined symbols are can be completed.
* New variable fi:common-lisp-file-types.
* New function fi:eval-in-lisp which evaluates arbitrary lisp
* Updated ipc.cl and and new file, emacs.cl, which has some support
routines. The foreign load from the C library is not done unless
absolutely necessary (/bin/ld on the Sun4 is very slow sometimes).
* New variable, fi:emacs-to-lisp-transaction-directory, which
controls where transaction files are created. This is especially
helpful when emacs and lisp are on different machines.
* New variable, fi:echo-evals-from-buffer-in-listener-p, controls
whether or not expressions evaluated by key strokes in emacs are
silently evaluated in lisp or are `echo'd by the lisp listener.
* Shell tracking of directory is now much better. "cd ...; ...",
"cd ... &" and "...; cd ..." are now handled. Also, pushd +N and
popd +N are handled properly.
* Added command completion.
* A multitude of small fixes.
A complete list of the changes since 1.2 is part of the distribution.
It can be had by FTP from ucbarpa.berkeley.edu or ucbvax.berkeley.edu,
login name `ftp' and your login name as password. Retrieve the file
D. Kevin Layer Franz Inc.
layer%franz.uucp@Berkeley.EDU 1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
ucbvax!franz!layer Berkeley, CA 94704
(415) 548-3600, FAX: (415) 548-8253