[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Improved TOPS-20 EDIT command
- To: Bug-EMACS@MIT-MC.ARPA
- Subject: Improved TOPS-20 EDIT command
- From: David Eppstein <Kronj@SU-SIERRA.ARPA>
- Date: Sun 1 Apr 84 15:57:26-PST
I have finished making the improvements to the EDIT command I mentioned.
The changes are:
(1) Use full name of file always, so EMACS doesn't get confused
(3) Add /GOTO: switch to go to a specific character in a file
(for programs like TeX to use to go to error locations)
(2) Reuse old EMACS fork even if given a new filename, using FS SUPERIOR.
Contrary to what I said in the previous two messages, this should require
no changes to EMACS itself. A SRCCOM of EXECED.MAC is available in
<ANONYMOUS>EXECED.DIF on Sierra; you will also need to add GOTOR as a
global somewhere (I did it in EXECGL). I don't think this relies
on any other Stanford changes...