[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GC not reclaiming impure strings held by macro frames
- To: BUG-TECO @ MIT-MC
- Subject: GC not reclaiming impure strings held by macro frames
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP @ MIT-MC>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 1984 23:48:00 -0000
- Date: 10 March 1984 18:48-EST
- Cc: BUG-EMACS @ MIT-MC, BUG-NEX @ MIT-MC
This message records a discussion I had with RMS regarding a
probable bug in the Teco GC relating to impure strings held by
inactive macro frame pointers.
I have a Teco init file for dumping an Emacs which does some setup,
er â @y fsrgettyâ"n@' ftAttempting to macro buffer...â :m(hfx*)â'
The start file which gets loaded is very large (about 5K) and does
:m(@:i*| -1f? ei@ejâw@ft
Dumped to â¥N
at the end of it so that the 5K string can get reclaimed by the -f?
Unfortunately, if I read the resulting BIN file into an editor and
search for the 5K start file, I find that the string is still present
and not getting GC'd.