[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Mark Crispin <MRC@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
- Subject: EMACS name
- From: David Vinayak Wallace <Gumby@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Date: Thu, 2 Feb 84 19:53 EST
- Cc: Info-EMACS@MIT-MC.ARPA
- In-reply-to: The message of 2 Feb 84 17:16-EST from Mark Crispin <MRC at SU-SCORE>
Date: Thu 2 Feb 84 14:16:40-PST
From: Mark Crispin <MRC@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
There is an advertisement for Gosling's EMACS in the December 1983
issue of the "VAX/RSTS Professional", page 81....
Too bad RMS didn't trademark the name "EMACS"...
I've seen unix people get very hostile (!) when you mention that EMACS
didn't originate under Unix.