[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: making tops20 EMACS more efficient.
- To: CSTACY@MIT-MC
- Subject: Re: making tops20 EMACS more efficient.
- From: BILLW@SRI-KL
- Date: Sat, 21 Jan 1984 22:25:00 -0000
- Date: 21 Jan 1984 14:25-PST
- Cc: BILLW@SRI-KL, bug-emacs@MIT-XX
- Cc: editor-people@SU-SCORE
- In-reply-to: The message of 20 January 1984 01:08 EST from Christopher C. Stacy <CSTACY @ MIT-MC>
- Sender: BILLW@SRI-KL
Teriffic. That should make things real easy. Now then, given that
it is contrary to the tops20 philosophy to understand things like
teco buffer blocks, is there a convenient routine someplace in TECO
that will do the proper things with argument 5 (the teco buffer block),
given the first arguments (byte pointer, character count, and things
The patch to fix texti, and the patch to prevent echoing of break
characters seems to work. A patch to make meta characters act
like break characters may follow later....