[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
find file vs visit file.
- To: "Leigh L. Klotz" <KLOTZ@MIT-MC>
- Subject: find file vs visit file.
- From: David Eppstein <Kronj@SU-SIERRA>
- Date: 8 Jan 1984 13:04 PST (Sun)
- Cc: BILLW@SRI-KL, bug-emacs@MIT-XX
- In-reply-to: Msg of 8 Jan 1984 11:32-PST from Leigh L. Klotz <KLOTZ at MIT-MC>
Date: Sunday, 8 January 1984 11:32-PST
From: Leigh L. Klotz <KLOTZ at MIT-MC>
This sounds like it might be the right thing to do on all occasions.
Does anybody know why the exec EDIT command uses Visit File instead
of Find File?
It's even worse than that. If you give the EDIT command a filename it
starts a whole new EMACS. The way to make EMACS use Find File instead
of Visit File on startup is to set Tags Find File nonzero, but you
will also either have to remember to type EDIT without a filename if
you have already started an EMACS and then use c-X c-F, or you will
have to use a smarter PCL command (which is what I do).