[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: A funny Teco/EMACS problem
- To: RMS.G.DAVID%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA, bug-emacs%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
- Subject: Re: A funny Teco/EMACS problem
- From: RMS%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
- Date: Mon 19 Dec 83 00:31:26-EST
- In-reply-to: Message from ""David A. Brown" <RMS.G.DAVID@MIT-OZ>" of Sun 18 Dec 83 19:44:00-EST
I think the problem must be because ^R Exit to EXEC is in a library
loaded more recently than ^R Exit.
In the long run, the fix is to change the name ^R Exit so that
it no longer matches an initial segment of any other command name.
Perhaps it should be ^R Exit EMACS.
In the short run, EMACS can be patched by getting the value of
^R Exit out of some character which it lives in (such as Control-Meta-Z)
and storing it into a variable with M.VMM ^R Exit$.
Then M.M^R Exit$ will work properly.
In the mean time, you can win by getting the value out of C-M-Z