[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: destructive mode line
- To: WANCHO@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
- Subject: Re: destructive mode line
- From: "Michael J. Konopik" <ZZZ@sri-nic.arpa>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 89 07:44:56 PDT
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <WANCHO.12498594266.BABYL@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL>
Your "uneducated guess" sounds right on the mark. Considering that our
emacs isn't likely to punt its use of smart TEXTI and my terminal isn't
likely to magically lose its insert mode, I guess I'll just have to endure
the pain of using a lesser tty... A regularly-updating modeline seems
necessary to me - our machine's load fluctuates pretty wildly, and it's
easier to deal with the associated response problems when I can see where
the load is on a regular basis.
Thanks for the responses.