[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
EMACS wrongly quoting commands.
- To: ACTION@SRI-NIC.ARPA
- Subject: EMACS wrongly quoting commands.
- From: Ian Macky <Ian@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
- Date: Fri, 26 Feb 88 13:40:03 PST
- Cc: SYS-STAFF@SRI-NIC.ARPA
- Mail-from: IAN created at 26-Feb-88 13:40:03
- Resent-date: Sat, 27 Feb 88 01:01:56 PST
- Resent-from: NIC Operations <ACTION@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
- Resent-message-id: <12378014047.20.SAPPHO@SRI-NIC.ARPA>
- Resent-sender: SAPPHO@SRI-NIC.ARPA
- Resent-to: bug-emacs@SRI-NIC.ARPA
I am REALLY sick of EMACS eating the commands i give it and inserting
them into the buffer instead. Know what I mean? You'll be editing
along, and then notice that the last n command characters you typed
didn't move the cursor, and the current line is acting funny. A
redisplay shows that all the character you just typed (like ^U^B^B^?)
were inserted in the buffer instead of being executed as commands.
This happens a LOT, as in a dozen times a day, and does not seem to
have anything to do with the type of terminal being used.
As EMACS is such an important utility, I think it's important that it
work right. And not piss off the staff... like it's doing.