[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dial Up problems
- To: MARLENE.SILVER%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
- Subject: Re: Dial Up problems
- From: William "Chops" Westfield <BillW@SU-SCORE.ARPA>
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1985 10:52:00 -0000
- Date: 13 Mar 1985 02:52-PST
- Cc: bug-emacs%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA
- In-reply-to: The message of Tue 12 Mar 85 09:25:43-EST from Bernard Silver <MARLENE.SILVER%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC.ARPA>
- Sender: BILLW@SU-SCORE.ARPA
It sounds like the switch that says that your terminal has a
meta key is turned on, when in fact your terminal doesn't
have a meta key, or isnt set up properly to use it.
Here are some suggestions:
put 0FSTTYFCI$ in your init file.
change your terminal configuration: right now it looks
like it is setting the 8th bit to generate either even
or odd parity (and emacs is interpreting the 8th bit as
"meta"). You should be able to set the terminal for
either 0 ("space") parity, or for 8 data bits and
no parity at all.