[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Emacs c-X c-W doesn't increment the "number of writes to file" fdb halfword
- To: CJL @ MIT-OZ
- Subject: Emacs c-X c-W doesn't increment the "number of writes to file" fdb halfword
- From: Leigh L. Klotz <KLOTZ @ MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed, 21 Nov 1984 11:26:00 -0000
- Date: 21 November 1984 06:26-EST
- Cc: rh @ MIT-EECS, Bug-EMACS @ MIT-OZ, Bug-OZ @ MIT-OZ
- In-reply-to: Msg of Tue 20 Nov 1984 20:31 EST from Chris Lindblad <CJL%MIT-OZ at MIT-MC.ARPA>
EMACS doesn't open files that it writes to directly. It opens _TECO_
OUTPUT or â[TECO.OUTPUT, and then does a rename. This causes several
problems on certain operating systems. For instance, LPT: doesn't support
There are screws involved in doing it the other way -- something about if
the system crashes.
Maybe we should fix it or change it.