[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- From: RWK at MIT-MC (Robert W. Kerns)
- Date: Sun, 17 Dec 78 00:40:00 GMT
- Cc: RWK at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 16 DEC 1978 1940-EST
The RENAMEF operation on SFA's doesn't seem to work properly. I've noticed
several things which are not as I'd expect:
1) It's not documented.
2) (RENAMEF FOO-SFA 'MUMBLE) does a NAME operation, expecting this to
return a namestring.
3) The NAME operation is not documented.
4) The NAME operation is invoked without checking the WHICH-OPERATIONS mask.
5) There's no bit in the WHICH-OPERATIONS mask for the NAME operation.
6) It seems that it insists on trying to do a NAME operation even if there
is a RENAMEF operation (and the RENAMEF bit is on in the mask)
7) It seems that no matter what, I can't get it to ever call the SFA with the
RENAMEF operation. It insists on trying to do a RENAME, the intent is to
pass a RENMWO onto the file the SFA is outputing to.