[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: NTHCDR
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 78 16:01:00 GMT
- Original-date: 20 SEP 1978 1201-EDT
1) In *RSET mode, NTHCDR fails to check the first arg for FIXNUMness.
Should probably also check that it is less than about 2^18 or so.
2) I would like to replace my own function NCDR with NTHCDR, but the
latter is too slow (even though the former is compiled LISP!)
Timings: (NCDR l n) 12.us + 1.80*<n-1>us
(NTHCDR n l) 8.us + 3.86*<n-1>us
How about trying the loop-unfolding trick, and inserting just before
the label "NTHCD1" this code
NTHCD0: CAIGE R,4
REPEAT 4, HRRZ A,(A)
NTHCD2: JUMPLE R,CPOPJ
NTHCD0: . . .