[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
_FASL_ and _UNFA_
- To: JONL at MIT-MC, MOON at MIT-MC, JPG at MIT-MC
- Subject: _FASL_ and _UNFA_
- From: MOON at MIT-MC (David A. Moon)
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 78 17:06:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, RWK at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 12 SEP 1978 1306-EDT
The automatic reapers, including those in people's heads, could be made
to know about these FN2's, but what does it buy? Nothing as far as I can see;
the only way to manipulate the temporary output file names is by using translations
and it seems clear to me that anyone doing that and needing the name of the
file being compiled in there is wedged. In any case this would be better done
by giving JCL to the compiler.
It seems to me the real problem was that the name of the UNFASL file used to be the
same as its final name so that your UNFASL file could get clobbered by an aborted
computation. But calling it _UNFA_ OUTPUT should be a reasonable fix for that.
Could you ask whoever it was who wanted this feature to tell me what it does for them?