[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Local type info for compilation
- To: KMP at MIT-MC
- Subject: Local type info for compilation
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 78 09:23:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, LISPM at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 12 SEP 1978 0523-EDT
(+ <frob>) is preferable to (+ <frob> 0) for announcing that <frob>
will be of type FIXNUM (similarly for +$ and FLONUM), and most likely
that will do whereever you wanted a local type specification.
If there is going to be some other key word, I would suggest something
without the word "force" in it, since the action here is not a type
coercion to one type or other, but rather merely the "telling" of information
to some processor (compiler, data checker, interpreter).