[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
PRIN1 value not having anything to do with PRINT'ing
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: PRIN1 value not having anything to do with PRINT'ing
- From: KMP at MIT-MC (Kent M. Pitman)
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 78 20:15:00 GMT
- Cc: JPG at MIT-MC, RLB at MIT-MC, RWK at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 25 AUG 1978 1615-EDT
I do not consider this an acceptable reply:
Date: 25 AUG 1978 0932-EDT
From: HIC at MIT-MC (Howard I. Cannon)
To: KMP at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
I guess the feeling is that if you are doing an explicit PRINT,
then you could just as well do an explicit MY-OWN-PRINT.
What you really want to use are SFA's...
 SFA's are not yet available.
 I should not have to write my own printer. This is
exactly what the PRIN1 handle is for. The idea is that I
have whole slews of stuff written already. I want to
patch your PRIN1 so it does what I want. I will not go
and edit all the code changing all PRINT's to MY-OWN-PRINT.
Please re-install PRIN1 to work on PRINT'd stuff. Thanx --kmp