[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Proposed FORMAT features
- To: BUG-LISPM at MIT-AI, BUG-LISP at MIT-AI
- Subject: Proposed FORMAT features
- From: Guy Steele <GLS at SU-AI>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 79 22:31:00 GMT
- Cc: GLS at SU-AI
- Original-date: 7 Jun 1979 1531-PDT
(a) Let some modifier, e.g. :, make G be a relative GOTO rather than
an absolute one. This is useful for processing some argument twice.
(Maybe this already exists if * can take a negative arg?!)
(b) Let , _, and (right, left, and double arrow) also be modifiers.
If the field width is fixed, then these modifiers cause the stuff
to be right, left, or center justified within the field. I have
often wanted a right-justified ~S or a left-justified ~D.