[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Half Bug / Half Already-fixed Bug
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: Half Bug / Half Already-fixed Bug
- From: KMP at MIT-MC (Kent M. Pitman)
- Date: Thu, 3 May 79 12:13:00 GMT
- Original-date: 3 MAY 1979 0813-EDT
I have been getting
Loading GRINDEF 420
;(OPEN ((DSK KMP) * GRIND) (NODEFAULT)) FILE NOT FOUND
for a long time now at various random times...I have just figured
out why ... Rather than a PROBEF, GFN seems to do
(ERRSET (FUNCALL (COND ((STATUS FEATURE SAIL) 'EOPEN) (T 'OPEN)) ...) ())
There seem to be two bugs here ...
1. The file never gets closed (I haven't fixed this ... I don't know what
EOPEN does so am hesitant to fiddle with the code following it)
2. If the open fails, presumably the ERRSET is supposed to harmlessly trap
the error - but if ERRSET (var) is bound, it doesn't - the error still
BKPT's ... so I have fixed it up to be
((LAMBDA (ERRSET) (ERRSET ...)) NIL)
in version 421 of GRIND.
If someone could look at bug (1) mentioned above tho' it would be nice.
Presumably the file array will get closed next time the garbage collector
runs but that's pretty hackish...
Also, if someone could give me info on what EOPEN does that's different
from OPEN, maybe it is something compatible with my IOTA package and
we could use IOTA in this case...