[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
opening files in 8 bit.
- To: Zubkoff at CMU-20C
- Subject: opening files in 8 bit.
- From: David C. Plummer <DCP at MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 82 05:57:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-LISP at MIT-MC, FEINBERG at CMU-20C
- Original-date: 14 July 1982 01:57-EDT
If I recall correctly, you can open a disk file in 8-bit mode by using
'(out tty image) or '(in tty image). The combination of TTY and IMAGE causes
Lisp to use a byte size of 8 in the Openf% call.
This may work for a disk file, but it doesn't work on CHAOSnet.
I tried all possible modes about a year ago and didn't have