[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
&mumbles at all levels.
- To: ALAN at MIT-MC
- Subject: &mumbles at all levels.
- From: George J. Carrette <GJC at MIT-MC>
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 82 19:31:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-LISPM at MIT-MC, LISP-FORUM at MIT-MC, BUG-LISP at MIT-MC, DULCEY at MIT-ML
- Original-date: 22 April 1982 14:31-EST
Go for it! Indeed, for the destructuring implementation for NIL I
implemented &mumbles at all levels, and it was easier, cleaner, and
produced considerably less code per DEFMACRO than using the other
For example, the following defmacro:
(defmacro g ((a b (c d)) &optional e)
(foo a b c d e))
compiles into 42 pdp-10 instructions using the technology presently
provided in Maclisp, but only 7 pdp-10 instructions using the technology used
in NIL (inside the compilation environment in pdp-10 maclisp which *was* used
to compile the cross compiler).