[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BUG-LISPM at MIT-MC
- Subject: &keyword lossage
- From: Kent M. Pitman <KMP at MIT-MC>
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 81 22:20:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-MACLISP at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 30 November 1981 17:20-EST
On the LispM, &WHOLE is not a keyword to DEFMACRO.
In Maclisp/NIL it is.
Since DEFMACRO is itself a macro, it could check for symbols starting
with &'s which are not keywords and warn the user. The effects of
mis-spelling a keyword or assuming that one is one when it is not can
be quite confusing.