[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: side effects and a complr bug.
- To: gjc at MIT-MC, bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- Subject: Re: side effects and a complr bug.
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 80 14:28:00 GMT
- In-reply-to: GJC@MIT-MC's message of 8 Oct 80 16:46-EST
- Original-date: 9 October 1980 1028-EDT (Thursday)
I must agree with GJC that the tradition of left-to-right evaluation
be maintained in MacLISP/LISP Machine LISP for consistency. The SETF
machinery ought to be gone over with a fine-toothed comb, as well as
the destructuring machinery and anything else vaguely related, to make
sure things are being kept consistent.