[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Default PDL allocations
- To: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Subject: Re: Default PDL allocations
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 80 14:14:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- In-reply-to: JONL@MIT-MC's message of 8 Oct 80 16:35-EST
- Original-date: 9 October 1980 1014-EDT (Thursday)
No, you don't want PDL sizes to go all haywire just because you
change SEGSIZ; SEGSIZ is meant to affect the granularity of
allocation for expandible spaces, not the size of fixed things.
No doubt this is an ancient spazz on my part. I suggest that
some fixed large number be chosen instead (i.e. replace PAGSIZ
by 2000 octal).