[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Macros and destructuring and...
- To: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Subject: Macros and destructuring and...
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <DLW at MIT-AI>
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 80 23:18:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-lisp at MIT-MC, BUG-lispm at MIT-MC, macsyma-i at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 29 September 1980 19:18-EDT
I know that Lisp is its own meta-language. Just because one
of the things you do with Lisp is to write macros is no reason
to specialize DEFUN for that application. There are lots of other
things you could specialize it for; macros are not that special.
Well, I still don't think that functions are pased a vector of
arguments. They are passed several arguments. This "vector" is an
implementation detail which you seem to be elevating to the level of a
philosophically desirable entity, merely to make your point.