[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GRINDEF and old-style DO
- To: kmp at MIT-MC, alan at MIT-MC
- Subject: GRINDEF and old-style DO
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 80 15:15:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-grindef at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 29 September 1980 1115-EDT (Monday)
Recall that one can always convert old-style DO to new-style
simply by inserting six parentheses:
(DO X INIT STEP TEST BODY) => (DO ((X INIT STEP)) (TEST) BODY)
SO a quick way out is just to grind every old-style DO as a new-style
one, by this conversion (this amounts to an implicit declaration of war
against old-style DO as being obsolete).
I'm not sure I really advocate this -- just pointing out the possibility.