[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: JONL at MIT-MC
- From: Alan Bawden <ALAN at MIT-MC>
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 80 20:56:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-LISP at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 18 September 1980 16:56-EDT
Date: 18 SEP 1980 1641-EDT
From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
So your questions re *LDB are just wasting time and space in the BUG-LISP
channel? And you still don't understand how trivial *LDB is now?
Look, If we had all read and understood my original message then there wouldn't
need to be all this flaming.
1) Does the existence of your LDB subr mean that you don't get the
efficiency of the BOOLE which the macro generates for constant <ppss> ?
Well I am willing to give that up for the moment, given that the compiler
will open-code it someday.
2) Will your LDB be schrod when the compiler open-codes LDB?
When the compiler open-codes LDB, then I won't need one of my own!