[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Academic questions on *LDB and *DBP
- To: ALAN at MIT-MC
- Subject: Academic questions on *LDB and *DBP
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 80 20:41:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 18 SEP 1980 1641-EDT
Date: 18 September 1980 16:30-EDT
From: Alan Bawden <ALAN at MIT-MC>
. . .
I don't have to worry about it. I LAPed up a LDB and a DPB of my own
a long time ago and I still don't have any reason to flush them.
What I am amazed by is the totally hairy "stop gap" measures that
don't gain anything!
So your questions re *LDB are just wasting time and space in the BUG-LISP
channel? And you still don't understand how trivial *LDB is now?
1) Does the existence of your LDB subr mean that you don't get the
efficiency of the BOOLE which the macro generates for constant <ppss> ?
2) Will your LDB be schrod when the compiler open-codes LDB?