[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: ALAN at MIT-MC
- Subject: SUBLIS
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 80 19:38:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 18 SEP 1980 1538-EDT
Date: 18 September 1980 15:28-EDT
From: Alan Bawden <ALAN at MIT-MC>
. . .
The "feature" isn't much of a feature since:
1) SUBLIS isn't careful to not remove SUBLIS properties that it didn't put there.
2) It only works to put a SUBLIS property on the front of the property list.
3) It doesn't work to say (sublis nil ...). (It doesn't look at ANY properties
in that case.)
I think you misread my previous reply - I mentioned only that at one time
(i.e. prior to about 1972) this had been intended to be a feature; that
intention was never carried out.