[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Semantics of PSETQ?
- To: bug-lisp at MIT-MC, bug-lispm at MIT-AI
- Subject: Semantics of PSETQ?
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 81 03:49:00 GMT
- Original-date: 20 March 1981 2249-EST (Friday)
Is PSETQ supposed to return the last value computed, the first
value computed, or what? It is a *lot* easier to compile if
it returns either the first value or () [because you can compute
the values left-to-right, stuffing them onto a stack, then pop
them off in reverse order, except MOVEM the last one]. Also,
I think all existing versions in fact do this? But then what of
the LISP Machine Manual's claim that "PSETQ is just like SETQ"
excepting the paralle assignment?