[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Query about proposed slight change to FIX and FIXR functions
- To: MOON at MIT-AI
- Subject: Query about proposed slight change to FIX and FIXR functions
- From: Daniel L. Weinreb <dlw at MIT-AI>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 81 03:43:00 GMT
- Cc: BUG-LISP at MIT-AI, RWG at MIT-AI, BUG-LISPM at MIT-AI
- Original-date: 11 March 1981 22:43-EST
I think we should have all of the forms of rounding under some name
(although the idea of adding more three and four character names to
GLOBAL does not turn me on incredibly). You might want any of them.
(If the S-1 can have sixteen rounding modes, surely we're entitles to
four rounding functions...) Changing FIX sounds likely to hurt Macsyma
and other user programs.