[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
wanted: opinions on a benchmark.
- To: NIL-I at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, (BUG LISPM) at MIT-MC
- Subject: wanted: opinions on a benchmark.
- From: GJC at MIT-MC (George J. Carrette)
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 81 23:35:00 GMT
- Original-date: 5 MAR 1981 1835-EST
MC:BLIS11;CLIP > is a benchmark which is designed to test
PROGRAMMING-STYLE more than anything else. It tests
a very lispy, recursive, object oriented line-clipper for arbitrary
convex polygons against one which is done as a big prog,
highly bumbed for the rectangular special-case.
MC:BLIS11;CLIP MC is the result of the test on MC.
I'm not really sure why the difference in timings is so small,
that is why I am asking for some expert opinions before I
submit the benchmark.
p.s. On the Lispm the timing difference is much greater,
which is disturbing.