[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
I don't think BACKQUOTE was fixed completely AGAIN...
- To: BUG-LISP at MIT-MC, JGA at MIT-MC
- Subject: I don't think BACKQUOTE was fixed completely AGAIN...
- From: Kent M. Pitman <KMP at MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed, 3 Dec 80 00:42:00 GMT
- Original-date: 2 December 1980 19:42-EST
Date: 2 December 1980 10:39-EST
From: John G. Aspinall <JGA>
Re: I don't think BACKQUOTE is fixed completely yet.
I just got
under the same sort of circumstances as yesterday's error.
In fact it was expanding
`((lambda (x) (pnput (string-pnget x 7) T)) (string-append ,s1 ":" ,s2))
Um. I fixed this yesterday. JONL seems to have broken it. I fixed it again.
Can we please not install versions of the thing that can't do `"FOO"
correctly? My correction is clearly marked. I don't think there's any
excuse for having it ;BKPT on the guy for using a system-provided facility.
Worse, if you $P'd the bug, you didn't get a correct answer when a perfectly
reliable thing was to return (LIST 'quote x) on the thing.