[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: RLB at MIT-MC
- Subject: DEFVST
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Mon, 1 Dec 80 19:15:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 1 DEC 1980 1415-EST
Finally looks like the new DEFVST is a winner. some features:
1) All selector macros share same code; also, all constructor
macros share too.
2) Output of DEFVST macro is primarily a setup of a call to an internal
initializatino function; output of cons-a-FOO is also minimal.
3) STRUCT-TYPEP uses the typep slot of the class object, thereby
saving one slot which used to be in each instance.
4) Integrates smoothly with the CLASS system, whether or not it is
initially loaded (by constructing up "skeletal" classes for the
three big important ones, and keeping a list of skeletons which
need to be "fleshed-out" when EXTEND is loaded.