[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: cutting corners in STATUS ?
- To: Dave Touretzky at CMU-10A
- Subject: Re: cutting corners in STATUS ?
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 80 18:50:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- In-reply-to: Dave Touretzky's message of 18 Nov 80 22:55-EST
- Original-date: 19 November 1980 1350-EST (Wednesday)
STATUS is explicitly permitted to look at only the first N characters
of a status name, and (STATUS STATUS) is permitted to truncate names to N
characters. This may be a loss, but it *is* documented in the 1978
version, at least, of the MacLISP manual (chapter 3).
Actually, STATUS is a moderately non-LISPish thing to do.