[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Using * in names
- To: CATCH-THROW at MIT-MC, Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Subject: Using * in names
- From: RWK at MIT-MC (Robert W. Kerns)
- Date: Wed, 5 Nov 80 17:50:00 GMT
- Original-date: 5 NOV 1980 1250-EST
- Sent-by: RWK at CADR5 at MIT-MC
Of course, your proposal re: using * wouldn't have helped in the case of
CATCH and THROW, which were stable a lot longer than two years. Also
lots of losers are replaced by losers which are replaced by losers....
Maybe everything should start out with 150 *'s, and once a month, if
it hasn't been changed incompatibily, a * is removed from the name?
Then when a name runs out of stars, it is considered to have tenure.
CAR, CDR, and CONS have tenure, for example. (Remember LSUBR CONS?)