[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Poor SETF, revisited ["yea, me worry"]
- To: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Subject: Re: Poor SETF, revisited ["yea, me worry"]
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 80 19:57:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- In-reply-to: JONL@MIT-MC's message of 29 Oct 80 14:01-EST
- Original-date: 29 October 1980 1457-EST (Wednesday)
Maybe there should be a simple facility, analogous to
(SSTATUS UUOLINKS), as you noted, for "flushing the cache".
Call it something like MACROFLUSH, or MACRODANGER, or
MACROCHAOS, or something. Then people who do weird things can
call that function and "the right thing" will happen?
This is a knee-jerk response -- maybe a better-thought-out
system can be invented.