[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CAR and CDR
- To: Dave.Touretzky at CMU-10A, RWK at MIT-MC
- Subject: CAR and CDR
- From: Mark L. Miller <MILLER at MIT-AI>
- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 80 13:54:00 GMT
- Cc: KMP at MIT-MC, HIC at MIT-MC, BUG-LISP at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 5 March 1980 08:54-EST
Of course, you could rename them to, e.g., "LHS" and "RHS" for "Left Hand
Side" and "Right Hand Side". This would address the composition argument
in favor of CAR and CDR: CADR -> LRHS (left-hand-side of right-hand-side),
CDADADR -> RLRLRHS, and so on. It's easy to provide these as macros.
Later, you can explain that the original names are CAR and CDR, and isn't
that silly, etc.