[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
IF and PROGN
- To: Greenberg at MIT-MULTICS, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- To: (BUG LISPM) at MIT-MC, NIL at MIT-MC
- Subject: IF and PROGN
- From: ALAN at MIT-AI (Alan Bawden)
- Date: Sat, 29 Jul 78 23:25:00 GMT
- Original-date: 29 JUL 1978 1925-EDT
Just a clarification of how I use IF.
Code such as:
(IF (TEST A)
(PROGN (FOO) (BAR))
Is never prefered to using COND as far as I am concerned. IF is only useful
in those simple cases where it improves readability. I would prefer to read
a two clause COND than to have to search for a keyword.