[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
` and , as initial macro characters
- To: JONL at MIT-MC, NIL at MIT-MC, (BUG LISPM) at MIT-MC
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: ` and , as initial macro characters
- From: GLS at MIT-MC (Guy L. Steele, Jr.)
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 78 08:16:00 GMT
- Original-date: 28 JUL 1978 0416-EDT
It is interesting to note that the initial macro characters in LISP
are thus ` ' , ; -- that is, all the "bits and pieces" characters.
Thhe LISP Machine additionally uses : as a package marker.
(I am ignoring |, which is implemented as a macro, because it
spoils the general theory.)