[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Simplifications for UUO links etc.
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC
- Subject: Simplifications for UUO links etc.
- From: JONL at MIT-MC (Jon L White)
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 78 00:41:00 GMT
- Original-date: 5 JUL 1978 2041-EDT
1) Hau about flushing the alternative for lap and fasload which
permits the "snapping" of CALLs and JCALLs during loading etc.
The only alternatives then would be PURE = NIL and PURE = non-NIL.
With the new incrementally-extendible UUOLINKS area, and its smaller
size, there seems to be little reason not to use it in all cases
wherein some purification is desired.
2) According to GSB, the UUO clobberer should bypass the clobbering
on any binary-program page which is considered pure. There is come
code in the UUO handler which tries to decide whether or not to
clobber - perhaps we could merely extend it to inspect the GCST for
the page in question, and it it is alleged to be pure, then cancel.