[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: NIL at MIT-MC
- Subject: CASEQ extensions
- From: GLS at SU-AI (Guy Steele)
- Date: Mon, 3 Jul 78 20:58:00 GMT
- Cc: GLS, bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 3 Jul 1978 1358-PDT
[a] In NIL, CASEQ will presumably be extended to allow
dispatching on characters, as well as fixnums and symbols.
[b] It would be convenient to have a syntax for specifying
ranges for fixnums and characters. A simple idea would be
to allow something of the form (3 7) or perhaps (RANGE 3 7)
where a single item would be allowed. The former could
be permitted only within a list; the latter could be permitted
as a single element by making RANGE a reserved word.
(Perhaps &RANGE should be used instead in that event.)