[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
More features for TOPS-10 LISP.
- To: SUN at MIT-ML
- Subject: More features for TOPS-10 LISP.
- From: GLS at MIT-MC (Guy L. Steele, Jr.)
- Date: Mon, 26 Jun 78 18:33:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, (FILE [SUN;LISP NOTES]) at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 26 JUN 1978 1433-EDT
The REE control character interrupt kludge seems
not to be necessary--it is possible to get TOPS-10 to
do interrupts on entering characters using
the Software Interrrupt System. ...
I suspect that using this would be extremely expensive
in practice on TOPS-10, especially those with limited
physical memory. Also, this feature may not be available on earlier
TOPS-10's (HIC would know about this). Finally, I would hope
that it works better than the ^C-trapping kludge, which we tried and
which failed miserably.
Sorry for being a pessimist -- Quux