[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Y-OR-N-P doesn't errcheck well...
- To: BUG-MACLISP at MIT-MC
- Subject: Y-OR-N-P doesn't errcheck well...
- From: Kent M. Pitman <KMP at MIT-MC>
- Date: Wed, 27 May 81 15:37:00 GMT
- Original-date: 27 May 1981 11:37-EDT
(Y-OR-N-P TYI) seems to hang forever. ^Z'ing it and looking at the pc says that
it is XCT'ing a .IOT B,TT. (Where B is open in .uai mode -- i guess that means
it is TYI). Could it be that it is .IOT'ing thinking it is printing when in
fact it is reading instead?? Note that
will return T on the 52nd Y. Similarly,
returns NIL on the 52nd N. And oddly,
does not return at the 5nd char. Anyway, this bug would go away if Y-OR-N-P
were a bit smarter about these file objects it takes as I suggested in my