[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: SCOTT.FAHLMAN, bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- Subject: readtable hacking
- From: DAVE.TOURETZKY at CMU-10A
- Date: Thu, 20 Sep 79 21:43:00 GMT
- Original-date: 20 Sep 1979 1743-EDT
I've had two requests from users for readtable hacks. Can you tell
me how to do the following?
1) Make ] be both a letter and a break character. Example: the
character sequence AB]CD should produce three atoms: AB, ], and CD.
2) Implement an Interlisp-style "super paren", e.g. make ] or escape
insert enough right parens to close out the current s-expression.
Alternatively, it could insert some constant number of right parens,
providing we can make the constant big enough.
Thanks, -- Dave Touretzky