[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-AI
- To: (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, (BUG QCOMPL) at MIT-MC
- From: DHD@MIT-AI
- From: REM at MIT-MC (Robert Elton Maas)
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 79 03:58:23 GMT
- Date: Tue, 17 Jul 79 20:55:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG NCOMPL) at MIT-MC, RWG at MIT-MC
- Original-date: 07/19/79 23:58:23 EDT
- Original-date: 17 JUL 1979 1655-EDT
I am cleaning up my directory now that I have my program working.
To start it, say this:
(FASLOAD (CYLIKR FASL DSK REM))
(SETQ #SAFE NIL)
(REC-EV-BD #BD T 4 1)
;(COUNT-BITS 377750040_11 YIELDS 377100242453) error message detecting
;BKPT *RSET-TRAP clobbered FIXNUMs
if you omit the (SETQ #SAFE NIL) step, it works correctly because all
the FIXNUM constants accessed by the buggy compiled code are on a global
s-expression #SAFE thus they get marked during GC and not reaped.
Source is currently REM;CY13 > but may change if I work on program,
but that file or any with similar name should suffice for diagnosing
the bug in QCOMPL as interfacing to G.C. in LISP (or vice versa).
You may wish to delete parts of earlier messages which are obsoleted
by this message (such as old file names and less-precise guesses as
to the cause of the bug).