[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: KMP at MIT-ML, fahlman at CMU-10A, ken at MIT-AI, moon at MIT-AI
- Subject: RENAMEF bugs
- From: JONL at MIT-ML (Jon L White)
- Date: Mon, 11 Jun 79 22:55:00 GMT
- Cc: (BUG LISP) at MIT-ML
- Original-date: 11 JUN 1979 1855-EDT
Mergeing of new non-ITS code for RENAMEF buggified the ITS version,
but this has been corrected as follows:
1) (RENAMEF '|EXISTING FILE| '|NON-EXISTING FILE|) where the
first arg is not an open file array, but a namelist or namestring
was randomly merging with some code assuming that first arg was
a file array; patched on ITS dumped versions, and being corrected
in the source for TOPS-10 versions.
2) (RENAMEF '|NON-EXISTING FILE| '|ANY NAME|) as well as
(RENAMEF closed-file-array '|ANY NAME|) was merging into a
code-sequence common with the non-ITS versions at a point
just before the "release-interrupt-lockout" and ocasionally
causing a bomb-out to DDT; an ITS-only problem, now patched.
3) RENAMEF was incorrectly clobbering the TRUENAME of the file
array it was being applied to; patched on ITS dumped versions,
and being corrected in the source for TOPS-10 versions.